Adding Terrain Texture Layer causes Lumberyard to crash

I am working on Lumberyard version 1.9.0.1. Whenever I go to add a layer in the Terrain Texture layer editor, Lumberyard immediately freezes up and stops responding, like in this screenshot:

The other member of my dev team that has been working in our level is also experiencing this same issue. Without fail, every single time we click “add layer” we get a crash. This is happening on both my PC and his (2 separate machines). All of the currently existing terrain layers that we have were added when we were working in Lumberyard 1.8. Any suggestions on being able to resume working on our terrain textures? This brings us to a major halt in our progress as we cannot add any more of our environment textures for the time being.

Hey @pberges, sorry for the issues — I’ve added this to our bugs list for one of our techs to look at ASAP :slight_smile:

Interesting — thanks for informing us and sorry for the troubles. We’ve got an engineer looking into this and I have sent in your note about 1.9.0.1 presenting similar issues, as well.

Any updates on this issue? Happened to me on 1.8 , upgraded to 1.9.0.1 and at the beginning it worked alright but later it started crashing again.

@pberges

I am looking into this now and will report back what I find! Stay tuned :slight_smile:

@pberges

I am unable to reproduce this issue. Have you found a solution to the problem? Is it working for you now?

So i managed to do workaround by exporting this terrain heightmap and importing into new level file. The possible problem could be by creating cave and cutting holes into terrain or some other setting which I dont remember. So yeah , it was something to do with my level I created and not really the engine itself.

I’ll post problem details here , i can’t make anything out of it:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BEX64

Application Name:Editor.exe

Application Version:1.9.0.1

Application Timestamp:590abffd

Fault Module Name:Editor.exe

Fault Module Version:1.9.0.1

Fault Module Timestamp:590abffd

Exception Offset:00000000007f346d

Exception Code:c0000409

Exception Data:0000000000000000