Before I move forward I have a few questions in regards to future updates

I am considering going forward with my project. Hopefully after the first of the year.

I am not 100% committed just yet but I have to ask a couple questions about future releases of Lunberyard and a few about AWS.

Question:

What is the current status and near future (6 to 8 months) for FBX as far as importing animated models with functional shape keys?

Question:

If FBX is not going to be capable of this will 3DSMax shape keys get fixed?

Question:

I want to run local testing of database and server at a very small scale for a few months so I can work through design of the online functions. Rather than tie up AWS at this point I would rather get a SDK for local. Is this possible and could I get a link to this?

Question:

Is there any work being done on seamless worlds? If not I may move forward on making a functional seamless system.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @arch, thanks for considering Lumberyard for your upcoming project! Here are a few answers for you that I hope help (even with a vague as they are)…

Question:

What
is the current status and near future (6 to 8 months) for FBX as far as
importing animated models with functional shape keys?

The FBX pipeline and enhanced usability is something that has been high on our priority list. And this is something we are currently working and and should be available to you early next year!

Question:

If
FBX is not going to be capable of this will 3DSMax shape keys get fixed?

This is something that is on the roadmap to be addressed.

Question:

I
want to run local testing of database and server at a very small scale for a
few months so I can work through design of the online functions. Rather than
tie up AWS at this point I would rather get a SDK for local. Is this possible
and could I get a link to this?

You can run DynamoDB on the machine you want to use and talk to it as thought it is “in the cloud”. You can find out more information and the download link here.

Question:

Is
there any work being done on seamless worlds? If not I may move forward on
making a functional seamless system.

This is something we’ve received lots of feedback on and requests for. It’s these types of requests that drive and often end up shaping our roadmap. We’d love to hear what you are thinking and what features you’d be interested in seeing in a seamless world toolset.

Hope this helps a little.

Excellent. I can move forward on the other things while this shapekeys gets functional.

Thank you for the link.

As far as seamless, I going to code my own system. It may take awhile to get it into the engine and if it works out like I want it to then I’ll most likely submit it for use.

EDIT: I am going to post my thought in another thread as to what I am going to attempt and maybe get feedback on which method would be better since there are several options.