Build for almost 3 hours with 16G memory

Hi All, Thanks for the help I got here but it seems I still haven’t got the point. :sob:
Here is my PC @masm32

By the way, my hard disk is SSD.

The project is generated with empty template. I only add some simple assets.
I build in this way @_AhmadKarami
lmbr_waf configure
lmbr_waf build_win_x64_vs2019_profile -p game

I started at 16:54, done at 19:38. I spent 162 minutes on it.
There must be something wrong in my PC. For example, although I have 16G memory, I didn’t see
Lumberyard using lots of it. Usually it occupies less than 1 G. After I shut off the Antimalware Service Exceutable, Lumberyard used more memory, sometime more than 1 G. But the peak is only 4.5G. I mean, it seems that the 16G memory was not fully used. But the CPU usage is almost always 100%.

Hi @pamgu
Congratulations on finally being able to do a build successfully :slightly_smiling_face: :rose:
This is a complex memory management issue that, to be honest, I will not go into too much detail about, and Building and getting output is a long process, and I guess Amazon and the Lumberyard team are thinking of further reducing output time :wink: Also I experienced this long time in Lumberyard 1.14 :relaxed: Of course, if your CPU is seven-core, 4 GHz, and your hard drive is SSD, it will take less time to get and build output. :100: %

Hi @_AhmadKarami,
Thank you. But I’m afraid that Lumberyard doesn’t make full use of my PC. I have about 10G memory who just stand aside (not used for building).

You’re lucky. I have 8 GB and it takes about 6 hours. It’s intolerable.

Hi @wcb,
Last month with 8G, I also spent almost 3 hours.
My time is less than yours not because I’m lucky, but because my game is too simple.
I remember that somewhere I read “about 10 minutes is enough”.