Building New Project

I am entertaining the idea of using LY in my class. I have been researching the engine for a couple of years. I have been impressed with the evolution of the engine. I found creating and building new projects to be difficult to me. I am using 1.27 and tried on 2 computers; one using VS2017 and the other VS2019. I left them overnight, only to find them not complete this morning. I think it is hanging up on the gems however the log file on a previous attempt on 1.26 highlighted the cry3dengine_WAF file as missing even though it is in the directory. Not sure how to proceed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Disclosure: I am a high school teacher and not a developer, so I am at level 0 in experience. I want to gain competency to teach the engine to my class in the fall semester.

1 Like

No problem, if you plan to teach in the fall semester, a new build system is coming out on the next update. So WAF is going to be gone and a new build system is going to be in place. I can help you now if you would like, but learning this build system would not be fully worth it when in a month or two (I believe) the next update should be out with CMake as the new build system. If you still want to learn the WAF version just say so I will be happy to give you any info you need to learn this system.

1 Like

Thanks WUS. I am looking forward to the next release. Since I had zero luck with the project configurator, I was able to build the project(s) through the command line operations. Took a while, however it worked out great. I must have been doing something wrong. Hopefully the new update will be out soon.

1 Like