Can't create new project. Building project phase fails when executing WAF

6052-error.png

When I click “See log” this is what I see:

"C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.11.1.0\dev\lmbr_waf.bat" build_win_x64_vs2015_profile -p Test --enabled-game-projects=Test
[WAF] Engine Root: C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.11.1.0\dev\
[WAF] Executing 'build_win_x64_vs2015_profile' in 'c:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.11.1.0\dev\BinTemp\win_x64_vs2015_profile'
[ERROR] Target platform "win_x64_vs2015" not supported. [on host platform: win32]
Process failed with return code: 1

Not sure why it says host platform: win32. I am running on a x64 Windows 10. Any help will be highly valued.

Many thanks in advance!

Oh weird – let me get you some assistance on this :slight_smile:

And welcome to the Lumberyard Community!

Hi, I’ve installed en_visual_studio_community_2015_with_update_3_x86_x64_web_installer_8922963 and it worked… However, I don’t feel like I fully understand why the host platform is win32. @Amonster_LMBR Is Lumberyard a x86 thing?

Nice! Glad its working for ya :smiley:

And I don’t believe so – I’m curious to know if it was just a configuration item being set weirdly or a missing step in Setup Assistant. If you still have this error in the future, it would be awesome to get some logs on it so we can drill down on the topic some more!

I have the same issue. PLEASE post solutions. Nothing has worked. I downloaded the same file as you. This was even before this problem, during the initial set up. Any suggestions welcome.

Hey @romanturaev – Welcome to the Lumberyard Community!

Much apologies for the troubles with this process. Allow me to get some answers on this for you. Could you please describe at which stage in the initial setup you’re running into these issues?