Cloth physics on character?

Hey All,

I was wondering if there was a way to get cloth physics working on a character in the newer versions of the engine (not with legacy gem). I am working in a game studio and legacy versions of lumberyard are not an option, especially with the new updated features.

Is there a way to do this? (dresses, cloth, cape, anything) - baking the animation down is not ideal. All other major game engines have this feature, and it is a very important one.

Thank you,

have u tried just adding extra bones for cloth mesh? anyway I think its better if I created some code to make it runtime, per material say. like other engines do it. not some hacky way.

make custom cloth shader… but the Lumberyard Shaderlist.txt is full of ‘auto generated’ shaderrs so u have to modifiy template shader code. … its kinda hard to read. Make New Cloth shader, and should be able to see in the editor working… u can also make new Material. WITH THE CURRENT shaders(sry caps) , and use sine wave feature to generate a fake move, then change shader parameters, via script(Script Canvas/Lau bus) to make it physics and material cloth parameter set to different sine wave pattern. I hope it kinda makes some sense… but virtualizing it with current shaders might be too shady.