Creating a new build with S3 location that has dots is an error

Through the AWS CLI:

aws gamelift create-build --cli-input-json file://create-build.json

JSON:

{ "Name": "game.testserver-0.0.0", "Version": "0.0.0", "StorageLocation": { "Bucket": "gamelift.dev.ourserver.com", "Key": "game.testserver-0.0.0.zip", "RoleArn": "arn:aws:iam::000000000000:role/dev-gamelift-access" }, "OperatingSystem": "WINDOWS_2012" }

CLI output:

An error occurred (InvalidRequestException) when calling the CreateBuild operation: 1 validation error detected: Value 'gamelift.dev.ourserver.com' at 'storageLocation.bucket' failed to satisfy constraint: Member must satisfy regular expression pattern: ^[^.]+$

Is anyone running into this? The S3 bucket is legit and no documentation says S3 buckets cannot have dots in them, yet there is some regexp in the AWS services (not SDK code) that appears to be saying that they cannot.

Looks like a bug in the CLI as you are right that gamelift.dev.ourserver.com is a valid (though not recommended bucket name):
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/BucketRestrictions.html

Can you let me know your cli version/OS and I will get an issue filed with the GameLift service team.

Sure: aws-cli/2.0.14 Python/3.7.4 Darwin/19.5.0 botocore/2.0.0dev18

I discovered the error through Terraform (so using the Go SDK), but they both have the same output.

Thanks!