Do not Work - Dynamic Slice inside File Browser

hello

Do not Work Dynamic Slice inside File Browser ,

i a lot tried but i can not

i seen :

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/developerguide/dynamic-slices.html

i think a bug exist file browser , because do not make dynamicslice extension file

i test for 2 object :

object No.1 : i made one entity with 2 component ( transform component and light component)

then made dynamicslice and i seen no problem , i can with spawn object(spawn component and transform component), clone this dynamicslice

object No.2 : i made one entity with 2 component

(transform component and particle component)

then made dynamicslice and i seen crashed lumberyard 1.5 , when i with spawn object(spawn component and transform component) , clone this dynamicslice

i used default components lumberyard 1.5

without c++ component :wink: thanks a lot

Hi @AhmadKarami,

I recommend trying the following things:

• Try this again but with a simple slice that has a single entity with only a TransformComponent in it and see if it works
  • After setting the slice as dynamic, check in Windows explorer in the cache folder if it created the file. Also, try closing and re-opening the file browser to see if it appears.
  • Check if the files are read only.
  • Disable the Perforce plugin
  • If your slice has an entity with a custom c++ component that you made, make sure that you created that component in a Gem that is enabled in your project.

Thanks for reporting this issue @AhmadKarami, I’ll look into if there is a fix for this issue in the next release. You should be able to add as many components to an entity as you want and make a dynamic slice out of it - this sounds like there is an issue with the particle component and dynamic slices.

is possible a way , can we make a dynamicslice with a entity( with 3 or 4 components) without crash engine???