Does Lymberyard team have any plans to replace cryengine old, heavy, and slow renderer with something modern and newest?

…for instance replace with Diligent Graphics core?

That’s is my question.
We see how with every new iteration of Ly’s engine, ly’s killing cryengine’s features within itself , but why amazon still keeping support and use CryRenderer in Ly engine? When it’s just can use free modern middleware for LyRenderer. What can support more platforms and more graphics api. And it’s a lot faster than cryRenderer what was written in ages when dx9 was used, so it’s core all based on old graphics paradigm.

Thanks, with best regards Fluffy

Hey @fluffy I am not sure why they don’t, but there is a good reason. If Ly gets rid of CryRenderer they will lose their big triple A rendering technology. Instead they should just “Tweak” the renderer so it runs faster, and is a little more modern. Thats only my take not a Amazon dev, just a heads up. :grinning:

hey @WashedUpStudios , did you see code of renderer? ))
there not helped - just “tweak”, there need rewrite all, bcoz the renderer’s code is mess and it’s heavy.
They better take a new bare GAPI like Vulkan/DX12 and make own AAA-renderer, if they dont wants use free middleware for some reason.
AZN have resources for this, this will helps for Ly a lot.
at the beginning own Ly’sRenderer may be like a gem in gems, in future it’s just replace cryengine mess at all

1 Like

Yes @fluffy I know a company does not want to use free software and not their own as much as possible. So you are correct they should make their own software with Vulkan/DX12 and make it a signature LumberRenderer :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Indeed! haha LumberRenderer :rofl:
you are better hurry to register this ©™ signature first, till they thinking about all of this xd

1 Like

just add here few useful links on new hypothetical middleware for the LumberRenderer:

@fluffy I like the links you got here :+1: Honestly Lumberyard should definitely try out the idea of there own LumberRenderer due to how slow the CryRenderer actually is. I was using Unreal Engine a few days ago “For quick prototyping” and realized they have an ok renderer which can handle a lot compared to what I see on Lumberyard and Cryengine.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback and constructive discussion about Lumberyard. These are great suggestions and this sort of feedback from you all, our community, are what helps to drive our plans and roadmap.

Currently, we do not have a public roadmap that we can share, but please keep sharing your thoughts and ideas and having discussions like this.

1 Like

Will do @Binky_LMBR! Love to help the engine as much as possible :+1:

Great, my first post, greeted by something called a Discobot. Gee that sounds fun but where’s the Beegee music? So, say I was looking to hire a team of guys to work on a game, would I simply want to pay for add ons or should I consider getting something coded for greater efficiency anyway? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @mikefromspace, what are you talking about? add ons for what, the LY engine, and/or what do you mean coded for greater efficiency, thanks for the question :+1:.