Epic Online Services and Lumberyard

Hi all!

I have a question related to the Epic Online Services that recently have been announced to be free. In the homepage it’s written that it can be used with all engines and in the Engines section the Lumberyard is Highlighted. (https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/services)
Now, I knew that Lumberyard let’s you use your OnPremise services, but this seems to be a rival Cloud service.

Could someone help me understanding if I would breach the term and condition of Lumberyard if I use the Epic Online Services?

I found a related question from 2019, but there was no response :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t be a problem since Lumberyard is listed there as supported

I believe @ManfrediS is referring to this part of the Lumberyard service terms

" 42.4. Operating Restrictions. Without our prior written consent, (a) the Lumberyard Materials (including any permitted modifications and derivatives) may only be run on computer equipment owned and operated by you or your End Users, or on AWS Services, and may not be run on any Alternate Web Service and (b) your Lumberyard Project may not read data from or write data to any Alternate Web Service."

I have let some folks know internally about this question and hopefully there will be an answer soon.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve contacted our legal team about this and am waiting for their reply.

2 Likes