[Error] (AudioTranslationLayer) - ATL RefreshAudioSystem - Failed to load fresh global preloads!

Audio banks will not play exported sounds with a new project.

When I add a sound via wise LTX version - they appear in the Audio Controls Editor but when I try to “ExecuteTrigger” get these errors:

[Warning] Audio:26.619 Trigger “lose_focus” failed on AudioObject “GlobalAudioObject” (ID: 1)

[Warning] Audio:26.619 Trigger “get_focus” failed on AudioObject “GlobalAudioObject” (ID: 1)

[Warning] Audio:36.506 Failed to Post Wwise event 0

[Warning] Audio:36.507 Trigger “Play_Monk” failed on AudioObject “Audio trigger preview” (ID: 1123)

When I try to refresh the sound banks I get this error:

[Error] (AudioTranslationLayer) - ATL RefreshAudioSystem - Failed to load fresh global preloads!

Folders are:

Sound Banks: myProject\Sounds\wwise\

Wise Project: myProject\Sounds\wwise_project\

SetupAssistantConfig.json has the correct LTX version of wise in it.

If I edit the sample project and add the same effects to the existing project it seems to work just fine.

Any idea what is happening here?

This sounds a lot like the problem over here. After following the steps there, I had to restart the editor and then run the refresh again. I cannot remember if I had to re-run lmbr_waf.bat, but I would do so if you recently installed Wwise LTX.

For any future users, make sure to include the Content.bnk in the controls for the game (and make sure to drag it into the correct place in the preload control object). Without this loaded in, the game cannot refresh audio.

I spent way too much time figuring this out, and it is (IMO) a pretty easy step to miss.

@Roosevelt.Boyland This last part caught me again - thank you! :slight_smile: