Error on Build New Project -Lumberyard version 1.27.0.0

Hi there, I created a new project in the Lumberyard configurator and tried to build it.
However, the build failed:

d:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.27.0.0\dev\Code\Sandbox\Editor\VegetationPanel.cpp: error C2220: warning treated as error - no ‘object’ file generated
d:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.27.0.0\dev\Code\Sandbox\Editor\VegetationPanel.cpp: warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page. Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss

I followed this thread https://forums.awsgametech.com/t/error-on-build-new-project-lumberyard-editor-1-15-0-0/5612, changed my Windows System Local to English(United States).
But the build still failed, and the error log changed to:

d:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.27.0.0\dev\Code\Sandbox\Editor\VegetationPanel.cpp(14): error C2855: command-line option ‘/source-charset’ inconsistent with precompiled header
d:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.27.0.0\dev\Code\Sandbox\Editor\VegetationPanel.cpp(14): error C2855: command-line option ‘/execution-charset’ inconsistent with precompiled header

And I can’t find anything helpful related to this error. Thanks for any kinds of help.

Might want to rebuild to generate new precompiled headers.

I tried click Rebuild Project, still failed, same error log.

In the meantime, you may want to uninstall and reinstall everything if no one else has an idea. I know this is painful, believe me.
I had to do it a couple of times myself.
But this seems to be the cure for a lot of problems.

There is one of two things you can do, the first is you may have a gem not selected that is a dependency for another. The second is build in the command line, it seems to work a lot more for anyone I tell this to. To build on a command line open up command prompt on your pc, and type the location of your LY install : cd c:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.27.0.0\dev , next do the command lmbr_waf configure , finally I would do a lmbr_waf build_win_x64_vs2019_profile -p all , first and then you should be able to get in with no errors if the gems are all right. After the first build on a new version install you are fine to use lmbr_waf build_win_x64_vs2019_profile -p game_and_engine , istead for the third step for a quicker build. I hope this helps with your journey. :+1:

I reinstalled everything, and yes it’s painful, and also yes it works. Thanks. :rofl: