Fatal Error crashing when I try to open a level.

Hey everyone,

Trying to jump into the engine, I have had quite a few issues getting it up and running (WAK error to start)

I have that all sorted out now, the problem I am having is involving starting a new or trying to load the example levels from the starter content.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, allowed permissions across the board and jumped through as many hoops as I could think of tonight but I am not sure where to go from here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance~

ly-crash.pngly-crash2.png6154-log.txt (4 MB)log.txt

An update, I am including the crash dump file as well if that helps.

Taking another stab at this today, I will post my results if anything new presents itself. Going to try a fresh install @Amonster_LMBR.

My current settings are the “Express” install, so nothing installed (that is being used by the engine currently) past that.

I have previously installed most of the SDKs whenever I had installed the engine with compiling my own projects in mind but currently I just want to get the levels to run without crashing so I installed the express route.

Let me know if you dig anything up6134-reports.zip|attachment (1.38 MB)reports.zip

Hey @FuriousTribble, Welcome to the Lumberyard Community!

Apologies for this frustrating experience – let me fetch some answers on this for ya. Hang tight! :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Yeah I made sure to run it as admin. It prompts me anyway so I just make sure to run it as such to start. XD

After my initial problems with the WAK error I also made sure to change the write/read/edit permissions on my drives.

I actually shifted the install off of my primary SSD and onto the HDD (still built in, not external or anything) whenever that did not fix it entirely, now it tries to open the level but then I get that error and log dump and all that. I also made the current drive it is on read/write/edit permissible.

Let me know if there is other information I can offer!

Uber thanks for these reports @FuriousTribble! They should help greatly in this investigation. Curious though - when you did install LY, did you run it as Admin? I know this goes back to some older OS days but just a curiosity :slight_smile:

Will keep you posted on our findings and thanks for keeping us in the know – much appreciated!

xD – got it! Just penta-checking and all that :slight_smile:

Hey @Amonster_LMBR I have a small update.

I was able to get the levels opened by creating a new user account on my OS.

This is pretty weird (it was an out of left field, for me anyway, option my boss came up with XD).

I did not have a chance to really mess around with the beast but it looks like I will be able to actually work with the levels through this method. I will post updates on my logs to see if what the discrepancy is between the two accounts because I honestly have no idea what “setting” is affecting what in this case.

Interesting!

I wonder if this issue persists for your OS environment in 1.12 as well. If you ever update, let us know? But yeah, that’s definitely a weird scenario – much high fives for figuring it out though! :smiley:

Thanks for keeping me in the loop :slight_smile:

Oh man, I did not even know that had come out.

I am going to update it now and see what magic enters the mix. Thanks for the inadvertant heads up! XD