FBX flickering

I am having an issue with an fbx that I imported. As you can see in the video I have linked, when I view the entity from certain angles while in editor mode the entity flickers. This happens independently of distance from the entity. Additionally, the same flickering occurs during animation, no matter what angle I view from. I tested in Unity as well to determine if I had similar issue and I didn’t. After searching LY forums I was not able to find anyone with similar issues so if you have any ideas I would be open to hearing.

See video here

Much Mahalo

Peter

I’m also having this issue. I did find another post that seemed to suggest it has to do with the asset being duplicated in the editor several times. From what I can tell that does appear to be true. Anytime I duplicate an asset up to around 7 or 8 times, it starts to flicker.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

FYI this is the post Issues when duplicate any object over 8 times (and a temporary solution provided)

The solution there was to remove the second UV set, although I’m experiencing this issue on assets that don’t have a second UV.

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear that you have this problem.
Is there perhaps a chance we could get our hands on the FBX file so we can try to reproduce it here and investigate what is going on?

I wasn’t able to see the video as it was private, but the FBX would be super helpful.

Thanks,
John