Flexmatch Matchmaking

Hi, I need help with some info on FlexMatch. What happens when i submit 2 players to GameLift matchmaking system. I tried 1vs1 but it got TIMED_OUT. Is this because you cannot match against your pals? Is there possibility to match 0vs1 (For singleplayer in server).

Also, can I directly put players to queue, without matchmaking system in between

FlexMatch is grouping players on your behalf and finding a game session to host them.

1. Timed_Out
  • Need to check you had spare capacity to host the game session (see your Queue and FleetMetrics in the GameLift console)
  • Need to ensure that your ruleset and player attributes support matching in time and that you got enough requests to complete a match (ie if you needed four players)
  1. You don’t have to use FlexMatch if you want to be in charge of grouping. You can call StartGameSessionPlacement directly on your queue. You can let your players ‘know’ about the session somehow, or have players search for active game sessions to join. See SearchGameSessions

If you continue to have problems try posting your ruleset here and we can dig in further. Theres also a lot of useful examples here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/gamelift/latest/developerguide/match-examples.html