GameLift - Fleet stuck in deleting state

After attempting to delete a fleet, it got stuck in a perpetual deleting state (fleet-5406670a-5b17-490b-8ec3-82a21654edc8).

Now I cannot create a new fleet due to the following error “Error! Cannot create the fleet. Reason: Current limit of instance type of c4.large have been reached…”.

How can I resolve this? Also, is it not the correct behavior to delete the fleet in order to start a fleet with a different build, or can I simply change the fleet’s build?

It did eventually delete, but I’m still curious if this is the best course of action with changing a build.

Hello there -

Depending on the Fleet, it might take GameLift longer to complete clean-up activities when you select it to be deleted. If you do not want to wait for that Fleet to complete deleting, you can always create a new one using an updated Build.

> can I simply change the fleet’s build?

In order to deploy a new Build you will need to create a new Fleet. After a Fleet is ACTIVE, it’s Build cannot be changed.

Same here except now that the fleet is deleted, I still cannot create a fleet now. I’m getting:
“Error! Cannot create the fleet. Reason: Current limit of instance type of c4.large have been reached…”

It has been more than 10 hours and my fleet seems to be stuck in limbo, Service limits says I have a fleet:

Yet the fleet dashboard says otherwise:

I’m using Free Tier for evaluation so I’m limited to that single instance. 10 hours seems like a long enough delay to free up the instance so I guess the problem elsewhere. Is there a way to fix this with the tools at a customer’s disposal?

Thanks!

Well, I recently had the both process of getting stuck on “activating” and “deleting” process and I discovered something interesting that might help you.
While a fleet is processing, if you delete the uploaded build, the process will be stuck for a long time. So if you did that, just re-upload the build with the same name and version. The process will detect the compilation again and continue as normal.

Learning: Don’t be anxious, let the processes finish before continuing. Be patient.