Hi GameLift devs!
The GameLift FleetIQ connector for running game servers on Agones and EKS was made available as an open source project on Github. Agones is a lifecycle management framework for running containerized game servers on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). With this update, developers get:
• Access to three install guides to deploy the solution in a flexible manner based on their infrastructure requirements.
• Ability to utilize Spot Instances as EKS Worker Nodes with FleetIQ’s interruption prediction algorithm to monitor worker node status.
• A Redis based pub/sub service to monitor instance viability status.
To Learn More:
- Game Tech Blog: Introducing the Amazon GameLift FleetIQ adapter for Agones
- FleetIQ Adapter GitHub project
- Jeremy Cowan on AWS Containers YouTube Channel: Running containerized game servers with Agones and GameLift FleetIQ