Gamelift Unity Ubuntu Build Failed

Hi Guys,

I am trying to play around with Gamelift and I can’t seemed to properly import the library to unity.
I am using this example project the Creating Battle Royale Frog Game and have followed the library building properly as pointed out in the Add Amazon GameLift to a Unity Game Server Project article and in the SDK read me.

I bumped into these following error though I have imported all 9 DLL file to the Assets/Plugins folder in Unity

Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(8,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Amazon' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Amazon' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(10,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Amazon' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(11,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Amazon' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(12,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Amazon' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Ubuntu Version: 18.04.5 LTS
Unity Version: 2018.4.27f1 (as suggested in the repo)
Unity .NET Run Time target: 4.x
Mono Runtime Version: 6.12.0.90
Mono Build Target: .NET 4.5

The 9 DLLs

GameLiftServerSDKNet45.dll
Google.Protobuf.dll
log4net.dll
Newtonsoft.Json.dll
System.Buffers.dll
System.Collections.Immutable.dll
System.Memory.dll
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll
websocket-sharp.dll

I can’t make it work, tried to release the DLL in both debug and release, nothin.
Tried to restart Unity, nothing as well, I tried to reimport all the assets, still nothing.

I am not sure, what else I need to try from here, I think I may have bumped into a newbie problem, please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

1 Like

So it is a newbie mistake, I though that restoring the package was enough, given my impression was all the required dependencies were already listed, turns out you need to get the AWS SDKs from Nuget.

Now I bumped into a different problem building the game

Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(47,9): error CS0103: The name 'UnityInitializer' does not exist in the current context
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(131,20): error CS0117: 'AWSConfigs' does not contain a definition for 'HttpClient'
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(131,44): error CS0117: 'AWSConfigs' does not contain a definition for 'HttpClientOption'
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(158,28): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Amazon.Lambda.Model.InvokeRequest' to 'string'
Assets/GameNetworkManager.cs(159,13): error CS1660: Cannot convert lambda expression to type 'string' because it is not a delegate type

I tried to use both new and the old monolithic AWSSDK from nuget, all produce the error, anyone have any clue how to solve the problem? or am I also bumped into yet another newbie problem?

Thanks!

1 Like

Did you ever solve this? I ran into those errors too with unityinitializer, AWSConfigs and so on.