GameLiftServerAPI.InitSDK() fails on 3.1.7

after upgrading the C# sdk to 3.1.7 one server on a instance works but the rest give:

Server process started correctly but did not call InitSDK() within 5 minutes

this worked on 3.1.6

also the dll for 3.1.6 and 3.1.7 says 3.1.5

I will try login in tomorrow but if I remember correctly 3.1.5 had a very similar issue where if you have multiple servers per instances all but one fail.

Hi @marcv2, good catch on the AssemblyVersion. We’ll need to update that. However, it will still properly report the correct version to our service since the GameLiftServerAPI has the correct respective versions. So it shouldn’t affect functionality.

Can you log onto your server and take a look at the logs? I looked through the changes between 3.1.6 and 3.1.7 and don’t see anything that would affect calling InitSDK(). Try starting a new process manually to see if it has trouble starting up or crashes after starting.

Hope that helps,

Ben

The logs returned:

GameLiftError: ErrorType=LOCAL_CONNECTION_FAILED, ErrorName=Local connection failed., ErrorMessage=Connection to local agent could not be established.

this is exactly the same bug that was in 3.1.5

Hi @marcv2, I believe this is a bug in the debug version of our C# sdk. Can you try building in release to see if it still repros? We’re looking into a fix.

Ben

release build is working so far