To utilize the Global Illumination system, please refer to the following steps:
- In the Editor, go under File > Global Preferences >
- Near the bottom of the settings list, there is an Experimental
Features – Lighting tab. Select it.
- Turn on the checkbox for Total Illumination.
- Restart the Editor for the changes to take effect. This is a
one-time enable of the feature, unless the user goes and turns it off again.
- Under the Render Settings for the level, enable the Global illumination check box.
- With the Total Illumination feature enabled, go under the Terrain
section of the RollupBar and click on the Environment settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the RollupBar under the Environment
settings to see that there is a Total Illumination v2 section, where you
can set it to Active and have a few other settings to adjust for the
level’s environment settings.
When it comes to using cVars for Global Illumination:
- Avoid using any of the _GI cVars other than e_GI to enable/disable Global Illumination.
- Instead, use the e_svo* cVars.