Has anyone had any luck using script canvas to control the ui yet? I haven't found much on this.

Here is a project I started recently using script canvas with mixamo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsP9iJcRCZY&feature=youtu.be

2 Likes

I also wondered this. I checked the samples project titled something like “UI with script canvas” (there is another one called something like “UI with lua”). It does control the UI with script canvas, but from what I can see the nodes that are used in that sample project are not available outside of that project. My guess is that the lumberyard team is currently working on making a more comprehensive set of nodes.

Or am I wrong? Does anyone know if the nodes in the script canvas project can be accessed in another project? If they can, what steps must be taken to do so?

1 Like

I’m wondering if their is any progress on this. Anybody?

I have UI tutorials on the channel, so in lua and more recently (maybe a week or so ago) using SC. those video are beginner level with more advance usage coming later and should atleast get you pointed in the right direction for SC and UI.

1 Like

I learned basic of UI control and the ScriptCanvas from the UiMainMenuScriptCanvasSample level in the SamplesProject.

Thanks. Looks better than what Amazon themselves have been putting out (I’m sure their busy expanding the engine anyways). Subbed on youtube.

2 Likes