How can I change the clothing ?[1.12]Ask for help again

I want to achieve dynamic replacement of clothing features, real-time replacement clothes pants hats etc…

I noticed there is a component Attachment, but it does not seem to fulfill my needs. What should I do? Please help me

@Binky_LMBR @Amonster_LMBR

I am very happy to receive your reply,I am currently trying a way to attach three ActorComponents to a single empty entity,Dynamically change the resources of each ActorComponent to achieve switching costumes.However, I have not yet found a very good way to dynamically change resources, and I am not sure whether this will have the extra overhead of multiple entities.I still hope someone can help me give a better plan

I am very happy to receive your reply,I am currently trying a way to attach three ActorComponents to a single empty entity,Dynamically change the resources of each ActorComponent to achieve switching costumes.However, I have not yet found a very good way to dynamically change resources, and I am not sure whether this will have the extra overhead of multiple entities.I still hope someone can help me give a better plan。

Hey @MibuWolf — apologies for the delayed response here. Nothing off the top of my head, but let me see about getting some answers for you, ASAP! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your reply,I think I found a way to solve this problem,I want to attach some ActorComponent attachments to a main Actor.Then through the dynamic change of each ActorComponent’s resources to achieve the replacement.But I haven’t succeeded because I haven’t found a way to dynamically change ActorComponent resources, and I’m not sure that there will be additional performance overhead. Still hope someone can help me give me a better solution。

Hi @MibuWolf - if you wish to swap out skinned meshes at the sub-Actor level (i.e. not just swap out the whole Actor for a different Actor) at runtime, you will have to do that either in C++ game code or in a LUA script. However, in its current state, the Actor can only have a single skin attachment, so it doesn’t matter if you swap the entire Actor or just the skin. We are working on this feature and plan on having expanded capabilities for this system in a future release. Hope this information helps!

@Castor Thank you for your reply, Yes I want to swap out skinned meshes at the sub-Actor level,Can you give me some ideas on how to change the sub skin mesh in C++? I’m using a stupid way now:Multiple Actor are mounted on an main ActorComponent and the purpose is achieved by changing the resources of each Actor. But this will have an impact on performance。I hope you can give me a way to solve this problem, Thank you。 And Do you have a schedule for the contents of later versions?

Hi @Castor @Amonster_LMBR I don’t know why, I can’t see my reply to you. I can only send it again here.

Thank you for your reply,As @Castor said ,I want to swap out skinned meshes at the sub-Actor level, Can you give me a solution to implement in C++? My current solution is to attach multiple Actors to one primary Actor. By changing the skin of each Actor to reach the goal.But this seems to have performance problems. I hope you can give me a way to realize in one Actor.

And I would like to know when this feature will be released because I did not find detailed post-development documentation or instructions.

thanks again to people who care about this issue

Hi @MibuWolf - currently you’ll still have to do a skin attachment to your Actor by adding an Actor component to the thing you want to attach and attaching it to the base object, in this way you can attach other Actors to your Actor. I don’t think we have a solution to do this with different skins on the same Actor, you would either have to swap the base Actor and still attach to it, or build entire skin meshes which contain your combinations, none of which is probably an optimal solution for your case at this point.

We don’t have a timeline for release of this feature, but we are aware of this issue, and we know that other customers would like a solution as well.

Hey @MibuWolf — we’re very sorry for the delay post action from your responses :frowning:

I’ve pinged the team to response to your notes, ASAP!

Thank you for you repley

Hi @Castor Thank you for your continuous attention. Please let me know when you have a better solution. Thank you

Hi Lumberyard team, any update on the status of a modular character mesh component/attachment system?