Lmbr_waf Configure Error

When I run lmbr_waf configure from console I get this error:

Required software is not installed.
–>Missing software: MBCS MFC library
Note: You must install Visual Studio prior to using the MBCS MFC library. (Status: The software does not appear to be installed.)
–>Missing software: Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 or higher (Status: The software
does not appear to be installed.)
–>Missing software: Wwise LTX is a comprehensive audio middleware solution for
game development designed to create sophisticated and rich interactive audio. (S
tatus: The software does not appear to be installed.)

I have also confirmed that C++ for VS 2013 is installed by trying to download it myself.

If anybody has any ideas let me know!

For the full cmd log: 1541-lmbr-waf-error.txt (1.88 KB)lmbr-waf-error.txt

Thanks Mr Jay
1541-lmbr-waf-error.txt (1.88 KB)

Hi MrJay,

Which version of 2013 do you have installed? Is it express,community or professional? I know it should work with Professional and Community.

Any help would be great.

Hi @CC_Preston

I have a fresh install of the Community version of Visual studio 2013.

Activating “compilegame”, “compileengine” and “compileeditor”-capabilities, while deactivating “rungame” and “runeditor”-capabilities looks like a somewhat unusual combination to me. Maybe something goes wrong when identifying the dependencies in this case (just speculating…) You could try to also activate “run game” and “run editor” and then try to run lmbr_wav configure again

Hi @MrJay,

From the screenshot of the Lumberyard Launcher you posted, it looks like you did not select the Compile the Lumberyard Editor and tools option on the Get started page, but lmbr_waf is attempting to configure with compilesandbox enabled (sandbox and editor are the same thing).

I recommend selecting the Compile the Lumberyard Editor and tools option on the Get started page and then on the Install software page you will see entries for the MFC library and Visual Studio 2013. Follow the instructions to install that software if the Launcher indicates the software is missing, then run lmbr_waf configure again and see if that resolves the issue.

NOTE: if you are running Windows 10, install Visual Studio 2013 update 5 or higher

Thank you so much! This did the trick.