lmbr_waf configure not working, new install 1.18

PS C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.18.0.0\dev> lmbr_waf configure
lmbr_waf : The term ‘lmbr_waf’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• lmbr_waf configure
  • + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (lmbr_waf:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Please check if file “lmbr_waf.bat” exists in “dev” directory.

type to powershell’s prompt “cmd” and only then “lmbr_waf configure”

It does, first thing I did when I went to that DIR via powershell .Which was why I was confused as to why it couldn’t find it.

HI and ty so much for help=

Ok, why is cmd needed, thats the command to open a simple terminal, are you saying powershell can’t see files ( compile structurs) inside a DIR its in ?

I was tired last night, but fresh today I see the errors are related to not having installed the huge list and in size of the requirements for building.

I am almost out of space on drive C- is there anyway I can tell project config to put that huge list on a different drive where I do have room.

Drive E is a slower WD green drive and I only use typicallly for storage so I avoid using it for LY engine, but building those as a one time thing should be fine.

THe only other drive I have is a WD external but I don’t think I can run a program like LY from external nor am I sure its even 7200 or above, non starter.

I never had to in the past, build my game just for the privilege of adding the camera, input framework items-they used to work fine without buiilding so thats really causing me problems and I can’t go forward till I upgrade my ssd.

Is this new, the requirement to build when in 1.17 it wasn’t requiring that ( pretty sure it wasn’t)?

Also what happened to the chat service amazing had, did it not work ouit ( admittedly it was odd and hard to understand I thought, maybe thats why).

thx

Can someone pls verify why I’m having to compile entire project which is going to bring in tons of build requirements just for adding assets in project config, that in 1.17 was ‘not’ forcing those ?

I just want to make sure something isn’t wrong somewhere on my end–or what else it might be.