Lua editor class reference

Hello,

is it correct to assume that anything we see in the class reference inside the lua editor are the only things we can access through lua? In particular I am wondering whether we are able to apply physics impulses to an entity via lua. Thank you for you help.

Hello @Ihatenames,

I’d like to try to answer this question for you, but first I need to know if you’re using the older legacy entities (CryEngine) or the newer Component based entities (Lumberyard). The two system are different enough that a single answer cannot be apply to both. Any more information you can share would help out.

At the moment, using the Lumberyard’s newer Component entities offers limited exposure to physics based properties. If you’re using the older legacy system, then you should have everything you need exposed to the scripting system.

I know this is not a complete answer, but please fill me in with more info so I can attempt to answer it better.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

I wanted to use the new LY component system.

“At the moment, using the Lumberyard’s newer Component entities offers limited exposure to physics based properties.” is good enough an answer. Thanks.

Does Amazon provide an online reference of all the things exposed to lua in the legacy and or the new system?

yes , i am agree with new entity component system inside lumberyard and please add a reference API Lua for users

thanks a lot