Lumberyard Beta 1.24 is Now Available!

Hello fellow Lumbernauts!

We are excited to announce that Lumberyard Beta 1.24 is now available for download. Check out the Release Notes for information on Lumberyard 1.24 which includes improvements to the Lumberyard engine and tools, particularly around quality of life with Script Canvas, the Editor, and asset management and bundling. We also fixed over 100 significant bugs as we work to bring more stability to our tools and keep you developing games smoothly.

Download

Client Zip Files

ThridParty Zip Files

10 Likes

I like that… Lumbernauts :rofl:
This was a tough one but we made it. Curious to see what people think of the improvements.

2 Likes

I tried to install 1.24 in newly built windows10 machine and get following error from LyInstallerMetrics.exe.

VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found.

[1EF0:30E8][2020-05-15T13:19:56]i301: Applying execute package: Metrics_BeginChain, action: Install, path: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Package Cache\76D740F58E91C109ACE0FFC449B49A10A81E9B84\LyInstallerMetrics.exe, arguments: '"C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Package Cache\76D740F58E91C109ACE0FFC449B49A10A81E9B84\LyInstallerMetrics.exe"  InstallEvent LYVersion="1.24.0.0" InstallState=BeginChain WindowsVersion=10.0.0.0'
[1EF0:30E8][2020-05-15T13:20:22]e000: Error 0x80070642: Bootstrapper application aborted during EXE progress.
[1EF0:30E8][2020-05-15T13:20:22]e000: Error 0x80070642: Failed to configure per-user EXE package.
[1EF0:30E8][2020-05-15T13:20:22]i319: Applied execute package: Metrics_BeginChain, result: 0x80070642, restart: None
[1EF0:30E8][2020-05-15T13:20:22]e000: Error 0x80070642: Failed to execute EXE package.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve informed the dev team and they will look into this.

Hi Soeda,

This looks like it’s likely caused by not installing the Visual C++ redistributables.

You can read the documentation on this at https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/welcomeguide/wg-requirements.html
and
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/userguide/setting-up-system-requirements.html

Your Third Party Zip File links look correct, but the link text does not. Looks like it’s from the old 1.23 files.

1 Like

Good catch willihay!

The links are correct, just the texts were not updated. I’ve fixed it now.

Lyzard.exe still crashes if perforce isn’t installed.

1 Like

Editer crashes with fatal error now after upgrading.

Memory dump exception information shows:

“The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.”

Any ideas?

Apologies you are still experiencing this with 1.24. Can you supply any information concerning your setup. If you do not want to make that info public, feel free to PM myself or Saulty with the info. I will follow up with the team.

Apologies you are still experiencing this with 1.24. Can you supply any information concerning your setup. If you do not want to make that info public, feel free to PM myself or Saulty with the info. I will follow up with the team. In this case, the previous version you are upgrading from, system specs (or a dxdiag), and any logs from Lumberyard would help!

Hi Guys, I’m new to Lumberyard and have installed v1.23 just few days ago. Is there a way to upgrade to v1.24 from previous version, or I have to completely reinstall entire Package for moving to v.1.24?

We’ve already provided information about this crash bug and we got one of your developers to reproduce the problem. That developer said they found what the problem is an are working on that. That was about a month ago and this release mentions nothing about a fix in the release notes. So I guess you guys just weren’t concerned about a crash bug in lyzard.exe for this release. That’s OK. Just please get it fixed soon because I don’t care about perforce.

Oh, because of new PC, I forgot to install them.
Thank you anyway.

yes ! thanks for those little things that makes the difference :wink:
and I hope like the Math Expression for example will increase it’s power with basic things like exponential, log, tg, cth, … .

2 Likes

One remark: it seems that the new OnVariableValueChanged is correct and a good thing that allows us to stay with several totally asynchronous process, but it seems to fail when used on a variable like a container. (using it’s size for example is a way to work around it …)

1 Like

Hi all,

Lumberyard 1.24 release notes have been updated to note that 1.24 requires Windows version 10 or later.

See release notes at: https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/downloads/

well i downloaded 1.24 and setup the setup assistant. Noticed that the project configurator had a build project button at the top so I went into starter game gems did a search for preview and enabled all the preview gems and click build project left the house went to my girlfriend’s house for the night came back the next day and it’s still building. not sure whats up my cpu isnt using much. like 1.3%

hi…
What’s wrong???!
I’ve tried many times to build a new project, but the editor doesn’t open