Lumberyard Stuck on "Initializing renderer and loading default textures..."?

So it has been about an hour now and Lumberyard is stuck on “Initializing renderer and loading default textures…”. I looked at similar forum threads but it hasn’t crashed yet and I am not running it in a VM. It’s just sitting there, staring at me.

I tried running it last night and it just wouldn’t budge either. It also got stuck. If there is any info you can give me that would be great.
EDIT 2: I am told I need to rename it and move it to my C drive. I don’t have space on my C drive nor can I make space at this time due to what is installed and what I use on a daily basis. The C drive is my OS drive and most of the stuff installed over there needs to be installed there already. Do I have to move it from my D drive to my C drive? (bump)
EDIT AND ADDITION:

Got something new. Went into the processes and there were about 9 instances running. I closed them and the Asset Processor down, and decided to Retry. Lumberyard is still getting stuck, HOWEVER the Asset Processor, brings up lots of errors, or rather “Failed”. Providing pictures below.

So my question is what is going on? My current system is:
AMD FX 6300 (six core) 3.5 GHz, 8 GB of ram, Windows 10 Pro (64x), and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

http://imgur.com/a/jnjVn <<< ERROR SCREENCAPS

For @MJRookie and anyone else peeking in, it looks like this problem may be solved by ensuring your Lumberyard file doesn’t have any spaces in the file extension (Lumberyard-1.0-143307e-pc move to C:)

https://forums.awsgametech.com/t/stuck-at-initializing-renderer-and-loading-default-texures/334/1

If this doesn’t resolve your issue let us know and we’ll keep digging!

So I renamed it however it is still having trouble launching. My big thing here is that I cannot have it on the C drive with how big it is since my C drive is my OS drive. Even after renaming it, I am still getting the same issue where it stops after saying “failed” over and over and over again in the Asset Processor. It is also is stuck on “Initializing renderer and loading default textures…” again. Do I have to have it on my C drive? I’d rather not…

Bump (EDIT 2 in the main body of the post)

@Jamie

(Lumberyard-1.0-143307e-pc move to C:)

I can install Unity to any drive or location, you can’t force users to use C drive.

I think just saying “C drive” is an example. I am pretty sure you can unzip it anywhere you want to. Plus you cant have any spaces between the letters of where its installed (C:\lumberyard D:\lumberyard etc) . I am pretty sure you would see the suggestions posted elsewhere by using the search feature FYI.

I have already seen other threads about it and they said “no spaces and move to C drive” and that is all I am getting. I have it on my D drive but I don’t have spaces in the name… Let me attach a picture of what I see. (Screencaps >> http://imgur.com/a/91jMw )

And as before, it is stuck on the “initializing” screen with “failed” all up and down the side.

Bump (Reason: I have already seen other threads about it and they said “no spaces and move to C drive” and that is all I am getting. I have it on my D drive but I don’t have spaces in the name… Let me attach a picture of what I see. (Screencaps >>http://imgur.com/a/91jMw )

And as before, it is stuck on the “initializing” screen with “failed” all up and down the side.)

I had this same issue, I had my copy installed to D:\Amazon Lumberyard and moved that to D:\lumberyard instead, restarted my computer and it works fine now. That’s what fixed it for me, I hope this helps.

In your screenshots there, it shows you have Lumberyard in this directory:

D:\Programs 2\Lumberyard-1.0-143307e-pc\

That definitely has a space in it, between the word “Programs” and the number “2”. :wink:

Try moving at Lumberyard directory to the base of your D: drive, so it’s in:

D:\Lumberyard-1.0-143307e-pc\

In theory (!)… that should work. :slight_smile:

For anyone looking at this topic, it’s also important to note that the path name cannot have a two (or one) letter path at the root. for example D:\ly… has been known to cause problems.

Feel free to take a look at a trouble shooting post we have that we’ll be updating as problems like this are encountered: https://forums.awsgametech.com/t/editor-troubleshooting-tips/233/1

Thanks!

First off I have the zip extracted to my E: drive and it runs fine so no need to be on c drive to function.

Try this:

Make sure no instance of Lumberyard or the asset processor is running. Open explorer and go to dev\cache and delete it. Yeah, PITA but it is probably corrupt.

Restart Lumberyard select the project, open it and wait until the asset processor is completely done (no files in the queue) then open your level.

I also have the problem no spaces, although it is in my D drive and attached is the errorlog 896-error.txt (2.67 KB)error.txt hopefully this helps!

I would unzip it again. Make no changes. Install just what is required to run the editor and open the existing project just to verify that it is functional.

As I am finding that making a new project requires a good amount of compiling and installing with chance for error to be a show stopper. Not saying this is bad but the amount of work involved to get a new project up and functional is rather tedious endeavor.

I tried that with no luck unfortunately.

Apologies - I was using the C drive as an example but yes, you can use any one that you want. Just as long as the best practices are used. Sorry for the confusion!