},
    {
      "name": "player2",
      "minPlayers": 1,
      "maxPlayers": 1
    }
  ]
}

I have a configuration using this ruleset with acceptance on with a timeout of 10 seconds.
If I have 2 players start matchmaking and deny their potential match immediately, I end up processing 2 AcceptMatchCompleted events. I am handling these events through a lambda that is subscribed to the configuration’s SNS topic. The first time I receive the event it contains the acceptance status of only the first player who responded. The second time I receive the event it contains the acceptance status of both the players. After this happens, attempting to join matchmaking with the same player ids and new tickets results in a matchmaking soft lock. I never receive any PotentialMatchCreated events but I do receive MatchmakingTimedOut and MatchmakingSearching events for the individual players. It’s as if a match is organized for the player but no event is dispatched letting me know. I do thorough logging in my lambda and have tracing enabled. All my lambda invocations run without error and return a 202 response.

Hi @Chandler

Could you please elaborate on “soft lock”? I see you said that you don’t receive PotentialMatchCreated, but do you receive MatchmakingSucceeded? Does this ever recover (say, after 15 minutes) for the player ids?

It’ll be great if you can provide us with some ticket ids so we can do some log diving and determine if this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Thanks!

Hi @JamesM_Aws,

I was in a bit of a rush to get this investigated so I got in contact directly with someone from GameLift and will be having a call with them soon. To answer your question, no, I don’t receive any MatchmakingSucceeded events and I’m unsure if the players recover. When I queue the soft locked player id I only receive MatchmakingSearching and MatchmakingTimeOut events for them, I’ll make sure to keep you and the forums updated on the situation as it progresses.