Navigation, GPU instancing, Occlusion Culling, Origin Shifting: Questions

These questions are coming from a procedurally generated levels perspective.

1. Navigation Mesh: It seems Lumberyard is not using Recast/Detour. I’ve looked at the docs, but only found reference to a partial runtime regeneration using flowgraph. This makes it seem like the cost of navmesh regen is significant, and not done in an async manner? Anyone has any experience with generating in completely in runtime? Does it cause a hitch? Are there any plans to integrate Recast to Lumberyard?

2. GPU Instancing: Maybe it is the old CryEngine naming convention, but I couldn’t find anything about this in the docs. I’m sure it exists in some capacity in Lumberyard, just looking at more info on how to use it at runtime.

3. Occlusion Culling: Looking at documentation, I’m assuming most of this is based on hand placed volumes rather than hardware occlusion queries. Is there an occlusion culling method that would work on objects placed at runtime?

4. Origin Shifting: PhysX has an origin shifting function that preserves some of the cached data so that the operation is not as expensive as it would be. I can see PhysX libraries in the github repo, but it seems Lumberyard still uses the old CryPhysics? Are there any plans to make the switch, or add a similar feature to CryPhysics?

Bump?

Yeah, I’d like some info on this too.