Own multiplayer solution

Hi, I’m new to this forum.

I have read on FAQ page:

"Q. Can my game use an alternate web service instead of AWS?

No. If your game servers use a non-AWS alternate web service, we obviously don’t make any money, and it’s more difficult for us to support future development of Lumberyard. By “alternate web service” we mean any non-AWS web service that is similar to or can act as a replacement for Amazon EC2, Amazon Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, Amazon EC2 Container Service, or Amazon GameLift. You can use hardware you own and operate for your game servers."

So in that case if me and my pal will write our own peer-to-peer algoritm for multiplayer mode for game, and then implement it. Will it be good with above? I read about GridMate, but we don’t want to pay

Hello @VanBandama,

As long as you don’t use any other cloud-based web services to host your multiplayer games then you should be fine.

Also, on the same FAQ page:

**Q. Do I have to run my game on AWS?**No. If you own and operate your own private servers, you do not need to use AWS. You also don’t need to use AWS if your game does not use any servers. For example, if you release a free-standing single?player or local-only multiplayer game, you pay us nothing.

I hope that answers your question :slight_smile:

Thanks!