Players got assign to wrong gamelift instance.

We’re running 25 instances per one server.

There’s sometimes a chance that GameLift send users to the same instance even though they asked for a different maps (via CreateGameSessionRequest, with very very random GameToken.)

Not sure if server ran out of ports or something (unlikely though). Can you help us looking into this?

Best,

Hello @KillerPenguin,

Your problem sounds interesting. I’ll need more information to help you. You have mentioned that you create game sessions directly via CreateGameSession. This doesn’t inherently add any players to the game. How are you attempting to add players to the newly created game sessions? Are you using CreatePlayerSession or CreatePlayerSessions? Rereading the documentation[1] about the regular flow of creating game sessions and adding players may be helpful.

[1] - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/gamelift/latest/developerguide/gamelift-sdk-client-api.html

Regards,

Jonathan

Well we have a lobby server that create the GameSession on GameLift and PlayerSession then tell our instance to start loading the map, then tell player to join the instance and confirm their own Session.

The faulty thing is, after awhile players got mixed up and send into wrong instance maps. GameLift is handing out wrong Server IP to players. Doubt that it’s our code, since it’s a random error generated after we call gamelift to get game IP… :confused:

This is huge bug. We tried to rewrite our random code, added in timestemp. Doesn’t help. Player still got sent into wrong maps.

Got serious complain on this. Any help?

ps. I think it’s the port mixed up with high traffic, since we run many instances on each machine.

Hello @KillerPenguin,

Can you provide me with more information such as the fleet ID, game session IDs, region, and times that this is happening? Are you running multiple processes per instance? Are you ensuring that the ports on which those games are running are unique?

Regards,

Jonathan