[Possibility] Nintendo Switch support?

Would it be possible to add in Nintendo Switch support for Lumberyard
This could also make it a good contender against Unity and UE4.
Also gives devs more range for game engines.

Hi @alatnet, that is a great question!

We are currently evaluating several options as to what platforms we will be supporting and when. We are always talking with developers to see how we can best meet their needs and what platforms they are prioritizing. This helps us build out our internal development roadmap for Lumberyard.

Having said that, as of right now we do not have anything to announce one way or the other. As soon as we do, I will be sure to let you all know.

How important would Nintendo Switch support be to you?

With Dev kits so low and no need to pay age rating for digital delivering it is indeed interesting.

It would be more interesting for my personal taste if it had a browser with serious html5 support :frowning:

However, I don’t know how much similar it is to just implemented platforms.

3ds performs quite poor if you do not leverage all the custom techniques in its unique fixed function API.But I guess Switch is more “Standard”.Just guessing as I never worked with it so far.

Has there been any progress on this? We can only start using Lumberyard seriously when Switch support is available. We really don’t want to have to use Unity for any longer than necessary!

John

It is a proper console system with a fairly powerful shader driven GPU, plenty of memory and unlike previous platforms from Nintendo developer friendly. I ported our own game engine from PS4 to Switch in less than a week.

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass it along to the development team and producers to show that support for the Switch is growing.

Hello, @Binky_LMBR! I am starting to try out Lumberyard, and Switch support would be big for me. I think Lumberyard would be great for the sort of optimizations necessary to get good-looking games running great in docked and undocked modes for the Switch, and would make it easy to port games to all the current platforms, increasing revenue for developers and Amazon!