I have been messing around with the FlipbookAnimation component for the UI, and I think I might have found a bug that occurs when you set the Frame Delay to small values (values less than 0.0300; it is more likely to occur with smaller values), and setting the Loop Type to “None.” The steps to reproduce are as follows:
- Create a UI element with Image and FlipbookAnimation components
- Create a flipbook sprite and create the appropriate rows and columns. The sprite sheet I used is guy.png (modified from here).
- Set the Frame Delay to a small value (e.g. 0.0166 if using the given sprite and going through all of the animations, or 0.0100 if doing a single row), and set the Loop Type to “None”
- I have set up the sprite so that the character is blue when one of the animations should be over.
- Either preview the UI canvas, or run it from the editor proper.
- Notice how the sprite doesn’t always end up in a blue state
The only workaround I can think of is increasing the frame delay, which isn’t desirable in my case.