Problem with Tutorial files

When trying to create the terrain I get an error dialog and the editor log contains the following:-

<16:39:09> [CONSOLE] Executing console command ‘exec user.cfg’
<16:39:09> Executing console batch file (try game,config,root): “user.cfg” found in game/config/ …
<16:39:09> (AssetCatalog) - AssetRemoved: path=levels/myfirstlevel/level.pak id={3EB57285-FFD1-52F5-946C-C2DE2413DABA}:0
<16:39:09> (Source Control) - Perforce - Requested checkout for file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\level.pak
<16:39:09> [Warning] (Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to checkout file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\level.pak (Perforce is not connected)
<16:39:09> (Source Control) - Perforce - Requested file info for file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\level.pak
<16:39:09> [Warning] (Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to file info file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\level.pak (Perforce is not connected)
<16:39:09> (Source Control) - Perforce - Requested checkout for file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\terrain\cover.ctc
<16:39:09> [Warning] (Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to checkout file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\terrain\cover.ctc (Perforce is not connected)
<16:39:09> (Source Control) - Perforce - Requested file info for file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\terrain\cover.ctc
<16:39:09> [Warning] (Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to file info file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.12.0.1\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\terrain\cover.ctc (Perforce is not connected)
<16:39:09> MacroTexture Tiles: Format: B8G8R8A8, Pixel Dimensions: (256x256), Bytes: 262144
<16:39:09> Texture Index Count: 5
<16:39:10> (AssetCatalog) - Registering asset “levels/myfirstlevel/terraintexture.pak” via AssetSystem message, but type is not set.
<16:39:10> (AssetCatalog) - Registering asset “levels/myfirstlevel/terrain/cover.ctc” via AssetSystem message, but type is not set.
<16:39:10> (AssetCatalog) - Registering asset “levels/myfirstlevel/level.pak” via AssetSystem message, but type is not set.
<16:39:10> (AssetCatalog) - Registering asset “levels/myfirstlevel/filelist.xml” via AssetSystem message, but type is not set.

The level then does not contain a default texture.

It appears to be because the P4 button is enabled, disabling Perforce stops the error.

@jjsteele

Can you explain to use what you are trying to do and when you are getting this error? Are you able to open Lumberyard? Do you get this error when creating a new level? How are you trying to create the terrain? Please be as detailed as possible. Thanks!

Not good! – Apologies for the troubles @jjsteele. Let me get you some answers on this topic.

I’m getting a lot of the same errors:

[ 1] - [AWS] AWSClient - If the signature check failed. This could be because of a time skew. Attempting to adjust the signer. [ 1] - [AWS] WinHttpSyncHttpClient - Send request failed: The operation timed out [ 1][ ](Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to checkout file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.13.0.0\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\level.pak (Perforce is not connected) [ 1][ ](Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to checkout file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.13.0.0\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\terrain\cover.ctc (Perforce is not connected) [ 1][ ](Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to file info file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.13.0.0\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\level.pak (Perforce is not connected) [ 1][ ](Source Control) - Perforce - Unable to file info file C:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.13.0.0\dev\StarterGame\Levels\MyFirstLevel\terrain\cover.ctc (Perforce is not connected)

I’m just trying to create a new level following the tutorials. I noticed a lot of related errors in the Console when I startup and tried to uninstall both 1.10 and 1.13 of Lumberyard, delete the folders, and reinstall, but that didn’t help the errors. Also the P4 icon at the bottom of the editor is greyed out and has a red X on it.

I tried a Custom Install and made sure all software, SDK’s and plugins were installed. Check. Check. Check. Same errors and lots of AwsNativeSDK errors in the console at startup.