Problems building host_tools on Linux with 1.14.0.1

Hi,

Would appreciate any pointers in getting step 6 from this doc page working:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/userguide/linux-build-lumberyard-executable.html

Basically the line that builds AzCodeGenerator. It does not seem to want to find the Clang 3rdparty libraries include. I can see that the path is not being included in the command as part of the failure message.

My questions is: how do I get the WAF system to put it there?

I can see in Lumberyard\1.14.0.1\dev\Code\Tools\AzCodeGenerator\AZCodeGenerator\wscript that it’s including the dependency but can’t quite see how that maps to adding what should be something like:

-ILumberyard\1.14.0.1\3rdParty\Clang\3.7\linux_x64\release\include

being added to the clang build command on Linux.

Worth noting that the previous steps on the Linux build page did not end up with Cland being included in the 3rdparty libraries at all. I had to change SetupAssistantConfig.json’s clang entry to not optional in order to get it to be included in the linux tar file.

I did have Linux builds working in 1.11 and don’t remember this issues coming up.

Regards,

Greg

Full build error from linux:

[137/147] pch_clang (linux_x64|profile): Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.cpp -> BinTemp/linux_x64_profile/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.103.h.pch

In file included from /home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.cpp:12:
/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.h:31:10: fatal error: ‘clang/AST/Stmt.h’ file not found
#include “clang/AST/Stmt.h”
^
1 error generated.
Build failed
<++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>
Compilation failed - File: ‘precompiled.103.h.pch’, Module: ‘AzCodeGenerator’, Configuration: ‘linux_x64|profile’, error code 1
Input Files: ‘/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.cpp’
Output Files: ‘/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/BinTemp/linux_x64_profile/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.103.h.pch’
Command: ‘clang++ -x c+±header -m64 -fPIC -stdlib=libc++ -Wall -Werror -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Wno-#pragma-messages -Wno-absolute-value -Wno-dynamic-class-memaccess -Wno-format-security -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-multichar -Wno-parentheses -Wno-reorder -Wno-self-assign -Wno-switch -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-undefined-var-template -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-private-field -Wno-unused-value -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-non-pod-varargs -Wno-unused-lambda-capture -ffast-math -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -std=c++1y -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -O2 -msse2 -Wno-unused-lambda-capture -Wno-nonportable-include-path -H -w -std=c++11 -stdlib=libstdc++ -pthread -g -I/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/BinTemp/linux_x64_profile/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator -I/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator -I/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Tools/Python/2.7.12/linux_x64/include/python2.7 -I/home/moon/ShooterDemo/3rdParty/rapidjson/rapidjson-1.0.2.1/include -DCODE_BASE_FOLDER="/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/" -D_PROFILE -DPROFILE -DNDEBUG -DLINUX -D__linux__ -DLINUX64 -DEXE_VERSION_INFO_0=1 -DEXE_VERSION_INFO_1=14 -DEXE_VERSION_INFO_2=0 -DEXE_VERSION_INFO_3=1 -D_MT -D_DLL -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -DAZCG_PLATFORM_LINUX -DAZ_ENABLE_TRACING -DAZ_ENABLE_DEBUG_TOOLS -DDEFAULT_LY_PYTHONHOME="@root@/Tools/Python/2.7.12/linux_x64" /home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.cpp -o /home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/BinTemp/linux_x64_profile/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.103.h.pch’
Output:
In file included from /home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.cpp:12:
/home/moon/ShooterDemo/dev/Code/Tools/AzCodeGenerator/AZCodeGenerator/precompiled.h:31:10: fatal error: ‘clang/AST/Stmt.h’ file not found
#include “clang/AST/Stmt.h”
^
1 error generated.
<++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>