Project Configurator Advanced Settings and Lyzard.exe Crash

Ever since 1.21.2 I cannot access Advanced Settings for any project. And when I try to run “Lyzard.exe” it just crashes.

When I switch on a gem, save, and switch it off, and save in order to update the ordering of gems and dependencies this doesn’t help at all.

Hi I have this problem too for Lumberyard 1.22 can I check does the Advance setting work for Starter game when you switch it? On discord group they say its a reflection issue for the component.

Saying it’s a reflection issue doesn’t help me at all.

No, advanced settings doesn’t work with Starter Game either. Advanced Settings doesn’t show up for a clean project.

Hi Sorry about the reflection part I think its relates to this part of the docs here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/userguide/component-entity-system-reflect-component.html

But I am not sure how to edit or fix the components.

Anyways I managed to get one of my old projects advance settings back by doing a rebuild of it using Lmbr_waf I did it by disabling and re-enabling one of the gems in the project configurator then did a rebuild using lmbr_waf. I also made sure my Visual Studio had all the correct components installed, you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/userguide/building-your-lumberyard-game-project.html

I did what you said and it didn’t work. It also took forever.

This remains an issue.

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000642B3310 (qt5core.dll) in Lyzard.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000008. occurred

Hi,

I think I am facing the same issue.

The advanced settings trries to, but don’t show of anymore.

I’ve rebuilded disabling my gems, did a full reinstallation of lumberyard platform, but without success.

Will investigate to get more info …

I think it’s a bug in 1.22

Hi

I don’t know if it is related to the issue, but I have installed Perforce, to get rid of some warnings.

Now the Advanced settings are showing.

Br

@wcb checking in to see if you’re still having issues lyzard.exe or accessing the advanced settings.

I’m experiencing this same issue in 1.23

Yup. Still a problem. And the problem is not good. The Advanced Settings GUI are important for setting properties for system components. The XML for which the advanced settings GUI is a front end is what modified but there’s no documentation for that XML structure so there’s no way to modify it via XML unless this problem becomes fixed or the XML structure is documented.

Gotcha, I’ve contacted the team working on that feature to see if there’s an update.

I’ve notice Lyzard.exe crashes after trying to connect to Perforce. I wonder if anyone else with this problem can install Perforce to see if that solves the issue. I could try but I have no need for Perforce and I don’t wish to install it.

So no update then???

@wcb Hello! I installed Perforce here and it didn’t work either…

Hi Julian,

For me installing Perforce solved the issue, but indeed I tried many things that did not worked before, may be one of them succeeded.
I remember I’ve installed two componenet from Perforce web site : a client and the server.
Sorry this doesb’t help much
Good luck …

1 Like

Thanks Yan for support!

@Yan thanks for the post regarding Perforce. I’m able to reproduce this problem as well after wiping Perforce from my machine. I’m going to escalate this to the Lyzard team. Sorry it’s taken so long… stay tuned!

2 Likes