[Release] FlowViewer - FlowGraph Web viewing tool

FlowViewer
(short. Flowgraph Viewer) - is a tool that allows you to view and study the flowgraph schemes (Flow Graph) in real time via the web site, without using Lumberyard Editor, without even launching the Engine, and having only access to the saved the XML-file of flowgraph.

FlowViewer
is a web application, it is not necessary to download, it is already built into our forum and CryWiki our portal, and only a browser with support for Adobe Flash is required to view flowgraphs. The
tool allows you to interactively explore FlowGraph examples and visual scripting tutorials and effortlessly visualize the graphs uploaded by community.

Example http://crymod.net/wcf/FlowViewer.swf

Original thread: [UPDATE 1.2] FlowViewer - flowgraph viewing tool

Test flowgraph in Web: Spaceship VTOL Flowgraph

The standard way to share the flowgraph is to upload its screenshot, xml file or both together. But it’s not always the best way since it doesn’t let us to track all connections even if the flowgraph is small itself. If flowgraph will be big enough, making screenshot will be a complicated task, and the high resolution screenshot itself will be too large to upload. So the only reliable way to view the flowgraph will be downloading it and launching it in the editor. Which is sometimes impossible due to version compatibility problems or because one simply doesn’t have an installed engine. I thought it would be great to have a standalone tool that doesn’t require Lumberyard editor to view flowgraphs.

That’s when I embedded the Engine’s editor directly into web browser!

I’m joking, but Instead I made a web application that does exactly the same task as engine’s Editor do. Now FlowGraphs can be viewed directly in the web browser, and won’t feel any difference, it just feels and looks like flowgraph editor from the engine, but only for viewing.

Here is the example (requires Flash player):
CryWIki example: Spaceship VTOL Flowgraph

And this is a screenshot from Sandbox:
Spaceship VTOL (screenshot)

Compare FlowViewer (v1.4) in web browser:

and the same flowgraph in engine’s Editor:

See? There’s no difference!
The possibilities of that tool are unlimited. I already use it on my cryengine-dedicated community forum to provide people an easy and reliable way to share their own flowgraphs with others. Using FlowViewer I can quickly inspect the flowgraph in my browser and immediately find the mistakes and tell its author what he should correct. Without any need to launch the engine, I can examine a great archive of FlowGraphs from CryEngine 2 through all versions of CE3 and up to Lumberyard, since FlowViewer doesn’t care about the engine version. This is also a great advantage over the Engine’s editor.
I want my work to benefit people of all Lumberyard community worldwide. It’s free for use and it can be easily embedded into this forum and documentation websites of Amazon. I believe that it will greatly increase the productivity of community and will be very useful to provide a live examples in tutorials.
It will help to popularize the FlowGraph visual programming among the developers and will reduce the entry barriers for beginners. So finally my ideas of advanced FlowGraph programming will be more possible to realize if community will be already interested in flowgraphing.

Please, share this with everyone, let’s make this tool become widely embedded into community forums!

Original thread: [UPDATE 1.2] FlowViewer - flowgraph viewing tool