Hi! In LY 1.24, Terrain has moved out of the New Level dialog and has become a “Level Component”. To use it, you’ll need to do the following:
- Make sure you have the Legacy Terrain Gem enabled. (From the posts above, it looks like you already do)
- Run the Editor and create a new level.
- Go to Tools->Level Inspector to see the inspector for level components.
- Choose Add Component -> Legacy Terrain.
At this point, you should see terrain show up.
Optional: If you want a terrain size other than the default 1024x1024, go to Game->Terrain->Resize Terrain.
To address some of the other comments above:
- Once you have the Legacy Terrain component added, you can go to Tools -> Terrain Editor -> Tools -> Generate Terrain to generate new terrain height data. Before you do this, you will probably want to go to Tools -> Terrain Editor -> Modify -> Set Max Terrain Height and choose a number like 200, as the default of 1024 works better for certain types of imported heightmaps than for generated terrain.
- The “Generate Terrain Texture” option is a different type of generate command - it is used to regenerate the game-ready terrain macro color texture, it doesn’t create any new terrain content.
Hope this helps!