Target platform "win_x64" not supported.

Hello!

I am trying to make a new project, and have done “lmbr_waf configure” and it completes, but skips lots of the modules.

I ignore it, and continue with “lmbr_waf build_win_x64_profile -p all --progress” which gives me the error, “[ERROR] - Target platform “win_x64” not supported. [on host platform: win32]” Help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

try

lmbr_waf build_win32_profile -p all --progress

Also you might wanna check if your processor is 32 bit.
If you are having a 64 bit processor but having a 32 bit OS installed, you are not using your processor to its fullest.

Forget my last post.
You won’t be able to build on your system.

Read here why:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/userguide/setting-up-system-requirements.html

Windows in the 64 bit version is required. I did not find any spec for 32bit either.
Sorry for not having a better response.

Edit:

Oh and also, to not skip so many modules you can also type in the cmd prompt while you are in the dev folder:

Bin64\SetupAssistantBatch.exe --none --enablecapability compilegame --enablecapability compileLumberyard --enablecapability compilesandbox

Then it should compile the other stuff aswell. Also you could start the SetupAssistant.bat outside of the dev folder and change the settings there in an UI.

@Binky_LY

Thanks for your help:)

As you can see the setup assistant detects everything fine. And when i use lmbr_waf the only remarkable thing seems to be “Unable to find Visual Studio 2013 for win_x64, removing build target”.

I am using visual studio 2013 and it works fine. It is not installed in the 3rdParty folder.
There is also a broken version of vs2015 on my pc.

Thanks for your reply:)

I tried it, but i always get an invalid command error. I also tried it with vs2013 which is more logical , but same result

@Herpaderp

Hey :slight_smile: I’ve got the same issue when using “lmbr_waf build_win_x64_profile -p all --progress” - command .

But i am definitly using an 64 bit os (Win 10) and a 64 bit supporting processor ( i5 3570k)

So what am i doing wronh ? :frowning:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also tried to use :
“lmbr_waf build_win32_profile -p all --progress”
, but then i get the following Error:

“[ERROR] Invalid build command: ‘build_win32_profile’. Type in ‘Tools\Python\1.7.11\windows\python.exe ./Code/Tools/waf-1.7.13/lmbr_waf --help’ for more information”

When i change 1.7.11 to 2.7.11 it give s me an help page with tons of commands but i don’t know how it should help me ?-)

You might try lmbr_waf configure and see if it finds any missing components. Also, you might try rerunning Setup Assistant to make sure all the plugins and required SDKs are installed.

i had the same problem, the documentation does not say it but you should try to run with:

build_win_x64_vs2015_profile

if your using visual studio 2015 instead of

build_win_x64_profile

hope that helps

That’s very odd, but I am glad you were able to get it working.

Which build are you using? 1.8, 1.7, … As things have changed over times in terms of the build parameters.

I suggest typing lmbr_waf.bat --help to see what the build optins are with your version. Also please use the supplied version of waf as this is the one that has been tested internally.

I reinstalled everything and now it is working …

at the beginning i used version 1.7.x. now i am using 1.8. and its working fine.