The server and license

I know you guys have answered these here and there. But the bigger picture is still quite vague. I need a clarification and a follow up onto these

Player-Hosted games | Dedicated server

and:
Q. Can my Lumberyard game connect to services like Steamworks, Apple Game Center, Google Play Games, or console social services?

Yes. Your game may read and write data to platform services and public third-party game services for player save state, identity, social graph, matchmaking, chat, notifications, achievements, leaderboards, advertising, player acquisition, in-game purchasing, analytics, and crash reporting.

Now, my questions:

1. End users (buyers) cannot host games themselves on rented “dedicated-servers”: E.g. people renting a public dedicated server to CS:GO. They need to use their own property for this, or use AWS, correct?
  2. If the end user uses AWS, they themselves pay the AWS fee, correct?
  3. If I allow the users to host through “me”, and I uses AWS for the hosting - may I then charge the end users for “hosting” their dedicated server? (Not a way I like to do, but a question which popped into my mind)
  4. Matchmaking, does this mean I could actually use any server providers for this matter?
  5. User profiles (save state, identity, achievements), same as above #3 ?
    I am not against AWS and your Lumberyard license model. I probably would use it and love it. However, I just need to know what is OK and ain’t. This way I can offer the best possible experience for everyone and without breaking the rules. E.g. at the given moment your service ain’t covered too well in Asia just yet. (Hong Kong, Taiwan, LINK).

Thank you for your time.

Great questions @Crazy-P. I’m trying to get you some clear answers from our legal eagles. Let you know soon.

Thank you @Binky.

Hey @Crazy-P, so for the first question, that is the easy one, it’s all covered under the FAQ.

1. End
    users (buyers) cannot host games themselves on rented
    “dedicated-servers”: E.g. people renting a public dedicated server to
    CS:GO. They need to use their own property for this, or use AWS, correct?
  • Correct, that or a hosting service that uses AWS.
    For the rest of the answers, we’d like to talk to you to get some more info on use cases and whatnot. Can you send me an email at ly-community@amazon.com with this thread link?

https://forums.awsgametech.com/t/the-server-and-license/1758/1