Trouble running Lumberyard 1.19 with Nvidia 960m graphics card

The editor frame rate is very slow for a basic new scene. Other engines run fine, is there any settings I could try to improve the editor performance?

By basic, I mean a
new level/scene with a flat terrain and ocean. I know they are not the same
engine but as a comparison a similar new scene in CryEngine runs around 150fps
compare to 14-20 fps using lumberyard (lower when navigating).

Laptop Spec

• i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz(Turbo3.5Ghz)
  • 16GB RAM
  • 4GB GeForce GTX 960M
    Are these specs to
    low to run lumberyard? If so no problem.

However if I should
be running the engine o.k. are there are any settings I could change to accomplish
this any help will be much appreciated.

Incredibly ODD :slight_smile:

I’ve heard of that occurring, but faik its never happened on my i5-3570, though it would scream anyway LOL

Nice system, my 3570 is going to need upgrading soon enough, still relevant but weakening ;)heh

Glad it helped ;_

Do you have lights in your scene those can cause problems depending on settings so check that.

Basic, can you elaborate pls.

M for mobile isn’t as fast as non M’s.,but I suspect you already know that, but with a ‘basic’ scene, without a ton of lighting should not affect that.

Your issue may be as simple as the ocean which for an M card might well be your bottleneck , and you can disable it as needed:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/userguide/infinite-ocean-component-water-shader-material.html , this shows you settings for ocean, altering/disabling some should help with your fps.

You can disable ocean entirely as needed,which should fix your current issues most likely:

See here-

Set it , at top right, to ‘start inactive’, and then you’ll know, but that should make a huge difference. I’ve never used a M card, but that should help- still need more info what ‘basic’ is to you, regarding your scene.

Hope that helps, let me know if not

GLJ

@cajunctionAI

Nvidia Manager auto selects lumberyard with integrated graphics as default. Changed to dedicated graphics and lumberyard runs great.

Even better with the ocean disabled. :slight_smile:

Thank for the help.