UE4.21 + Gamelift integration problems

Hello we are currently wanting to try out gamelift to see if it is a product which we could benefit from.

But unfortunately I am stuck with getting things up and running. I compiled the dll / lib as described in the gamelift documentation also added it to our project by changing the uproject file and adding the gamelift code to our game mode. Our project is using UE4.21 and gamelift sdk 3.3.0.

When compiling i get the infamous:

1> [1/2] GameLiftServerSDK.cpp
1>D:\Utils\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\INCLUDE\pplinterface.h(142): error C4577: 'noexcept' used with no exception handling mode specified; termination on exception is not guaranteed. Specify /EHsc
1>D:\Utils\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\INCLUDE\pplinterface.h(150): error C4577: 'noexcept' used with no exception handling mode specified; termination on exception is not guaranteed. Specify /EHsc
1>D:\Utils\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\INCLUDE\pplinterface.h(181): error C4577: 'noexcept' used with no exception handling mode specified; termination on exception is not guaranteed. Specify /EHsc

If I add the /EHsc flag to the GameLiftServerSDK.Build.cs by defining bEnableExceptions = true; the linker will complain with:

1>aws-cpp-sdk-gamelift-server.lib(aws-cpp-sdk-gamelift-server.dll) : fatal error LNK1190: invalid fixup found, type 0x0014

Ok found the issue. I was not using the:

x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2017

this caused to create a corrupt dll.