Unable to launch Asset Processor while connected to VPN

Continuing the discussion from Error on Lumberyard 1.25:

@_AhmadKarami This appears to be a separate bug from the issue in the previous thread, so I am breaking it out into its own thread for clarity

1 Like

Ok @Hawkeye , Thank you :rose: I knew about this errors in previous different versions months ago, but I thought this was a VPN issue, and we know that , severe censorship exist in Iran, China, Russia, so I did not report it as a bug :blush:

@Hawkeye I tested again , If Asset Processor exist/running in notification windows (Time/Date Section) and VPN is also turned on , I launch editor , Does Work & Open Editor without problem :sunglasses: Great :white_check_mark: please see this picture :slightly_smiling_face:

@Hawkeye Plus I do not forget to say that , If Asset Processor does not exist in notification windows (Time/Date Section , I right click on Assets Processor & select Quit) and VPN is also turned on ,then I launch editor , Does not Work & does not open editor , please see this picture :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting, is seems like the AP only has startup issues if the VPN is already turned on. I’m glad you have found a workaround to your issue that allows you to use Lumberyard, but I understand how frustrating that workaround is. I will cut a ticket for this issue and send it to the team that owns the Asset Processor.

1 Like

@Hawkeye Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I came to the final conclusion and it is and it is a good solution, do not worry , it does not bother me, but it may bother others :blush: :white_check_mark:

I’ve cut a ticket (LY-118480) for this issue. Please let us know if you have any other errors related to this problem!

1 Like