Video Plays in Engine/Profile Build but Shows Black Screen in Release Build

I have a video (VP8 .webm ) that plays fine when I run my level in the editor but shows up as a black screen in a release build. I am not sure what else to provide here, so here is what I have done so far:

• Verified that the VideoPlaybackGem was a part of my project
  • Verified that the 3rdParty/FFMPEG folder had the FFMPEG stuff
  • Rebuilt the profile/all and release/game and engine builds
  • Reran both the shader and PC .bat files for my game, and confirmed that everything completed successfully
  • Ran the “Export to Engine” thing in the editor
  • Verified that the levels.pak file had been moved over successfully
  • Verified that the .dll files for FFMPEG were also in the executable directory
  • Verified that “+map mapname” is being used in my shortcut to launch (the game itself launches fine)
    I should also add that while the Video Playback component is on a 3D object, the object that actually shows the video is in the UI.

Anyone else have this problem/a workaround? I saw this one for VR, but they were using the editor.

@petrocket

Thank you for taking the time to track down this problem and answer this question. I just tried this on the 1.13 build for Lumberyard and it worked! Hopefully this saves everyone else a lot of hassle.

Hi @Roosevelt.Boyland

This is a cross-post from your question about render targets that is also relevant to this question.

I believe the problem may be that the video playback gem does not find the webm video file in the level .pak - to fix this try placing your .webm file outside the .pak file with the same folder path it had before.

For example if your .webm file is in

c:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.4.0.1\dev\MyProject\Levels\test\MyMovie.webm

and your folder with all the built PAK files is

c:\Amazon\Lumberyard\1.4.0.1\dev\MyProjectPaks_PC

place the file in

c:\Amazon\Lumberyard.1.4.0.1\dev\MyProjectPaks_PC\MyProject\Levels\test\MyMovie.webm