I have a video (VP8 .webm ) that plays fine when I run my level in the editor but shows up as a black screen in a release build. I am not sure what else to provide here, so here is what I have done so far:
- Verified that the VideoPlaybackGem was a part of my project
- Verified that the 3rdParty/FFMPEG folder had the FFMPEG stuff
- Rebuilt the profile/all and release/game and engine builds
- Reran both the shader and PC .bat files for my game, and confirmed that everything completed successfully
- Ran the “Export to Engine” thing in the editor
- Verified that the levels.pak file had been moved over successfully
- Verified that the .dll files for FFMPEG were also in the executable directory
- Verified that “+map mapname” is being used in my shortcut to launch (the game itself launches fine)
I should also add that while the Video Playback component is on a 3D object, the object that actually shows the video is in the UI.
Anyone else have this problem/a workaround? I saw this one for VR, but they were using the editor.