Waterworks Full Suite - Tutorial

So I have fumbled through making rivers and bodies of water, but am having issues where these objects meet on uneven terrain.

Logic is telling me that my best option to cover angled or unmatching seams of two different rivers, bodies of water, etc, would be to create small waterfalls with mist fx.

When looking into making waterfalls, there is a huge lack of tutorial videos online for this and the AWS documents regarding it is minimal without any kind of screen shots.

So a couple questions:

1. Is there a way around having to use the entity rotation transform and multiple river splines with horrible seams to create a river that traverses a dynamic terrain. I have yet to be able to get the river tool to snap to terrain.

2. I have seen in older versions the ability to draw a 2D ring around a hole to create a body of water within it. How/Can this still be done in 1.19?

3. What is needed to create a waterfall? I have found the textures but cannot find any useful sources on the matter.

4. I would gladly help the Amazon LY team make current tutorial material with screenshots for some of the basic world building tools, like everything water, etc. The friendlier this editor is for the simplest of design tasks, the more appealing it will be to a wider audience of devs. So Iā€™d like to help where I can.

2 Likes

There is a waterfall example in the old Legacy game SDK demo but you would need to put the whole project into a Gem Asset and convert the old Cryengine Entities into the new Lumberyard level format.

It uses the Particle system and waterfall shader I think to create the effect.
Download Legacy SDK here: https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/downloads/previous-versions/

I wrote something in my blog about making an Asset Gem for Beach City