What do I needs to upload a build?

Hi Community! I have made a dedicated server through unreal engine. I have my server exe file and I can confirm that it runs locally on my computer. I am ready to upload a build to Amazon GameLIft. I have a couple of questions, what would I need to include in my build upload and how do I get what I need to include.

Help is Appreciated! Thanks!

Hello @RedBallG,

If you have your game ready, you’re nearly there! The next steps for you are to package your build and then upload it. Our documentation[1] describes the process. Let us know if you need more assistance!

[1] - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/gamelift/latest/developerguide/gamelift-build-intro.html

Regards,

Jonathan

Hello! Thank you for telling me this but whenever I upload a fleet, I get this error:

SERVER_PROCESS_CRASHED
Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), exitCode(-1073741515), launchPath(C:\game\Independant\Binaries\Win64\IndependantServer.exe), arguments(null), instanceId(i-0d2a7613165c7030f), publicIP(18.144.26.207), gameSessionId(none), occurrences(296 for this instance in a 5 minute period)

What should I do? @Jonathan

Hello! Thank you for telling me this but whenever I upload a fleet, I get this error:

SERVER_PROCESS_CRASHED Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), exitCode(-1073741515), launchPath(C:\game\Independant\Binaries\Win64\IndependantServer.exe), arguments(null), instanceId(i-0d2a7613165c7030f), publicIP(18.144.26.207), gameSessionId(none), occurrences(296 for this instance in a 5 minute period)

SERVER_PROCESS_CRASHED Server process exited without calling ProcessEnding(), exitCode(-1073741515), launchPath(C:\game\Independant\Binaries\Win64\IndependantServer.exe), arguments(null), instanceId(i-0d2a7613165c7030f), publicIP(18.144.26.207), gameSessionId(none), occurrences(296 for this instance in a 5 minute period)

Hello @RedBallG,

It’s encouraging to see your progress; however, it looks like your game is crashing. According to that message, your server process is crashing with an abnormal exit code (-1073741515). I would suggest integrating with GameLiftLocal to debug[1].

[1] - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/gamelift/latest/developerguide/integration-testing-local.html

Regards,

Jonathan