What is new of Behavior Tree Editor in Script Canvas nodes?

Hi Amazon Lumberyard team,

I use Amazon Lumberyard since 2016 , What is new of Behavior Tree Editor with Script Canvas nodes?

I saw XML file (DummyTree.xml) :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-
-

-
-
-
-

-

-
-

I think , lumberyard team better , make a Behavior Tree Editor with Script Canvas nodes , also when I can use behavior tree at least with xml file in script canvas?

Cheers

Ahmad Karami

a computer teacher/ a solo developer/ a gameplay programmer / a debugger

someone is here know/used about AI Behavior Tree in script canvas 1.25 :question: I think for now , XML file is supporting for AI Behavior Tree :question: It is correct :question: Is it possible to implement a cover system with a behavior tree :question:

I see five nodes for AI Behavior Tree in script canvas 1.25, please give me much more information , and, I see Behavior Tree is empty , so in Starter game did not used Behavior Tree component/script canvas

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: :rose: :pray: :pray:

I finally got to this point. Before artificial intelligence. and I got into a stupor, because I do not know what can be placed in the graph ‚ÄúPick BehaviorTree‚ÄĚ. Tell me who knows how to work with it?

The AI system that you are talking about is called the Module Behavior Tree which is a collection of XML-base nodes that describe rules, behaviors, and tasks for AI agents to follow. Also note, this system is legacy, and they are working on a newer system. The AI Behavior Tree component takes in a Module Behavior Tree file to create a behavior tree. A behavior tree contains tree variables that can be either tree or false.

Well, you can implement the AI part of the cover system with a behavior tree if you want. The Move node allows you to move to cover.

Start Behavior Tree- starts the behavior from the AI Behavior Tree component on the entity from the beginning of the tree.
Stop Behavior Tree- stops the behavior from the AI Behavior Tree component on the entity.
Set Variable Value- set the tree variable’s values to either true or false.
Get Variable Value- get the tree variable’s values.
Get Variable Name CRC32s- get all the name of tree variables as crc32.

This system is talk about in more detail in the v1.25 User Guide.

1 Like