What is the best way to deal with errors from FBX Importer?

I’m new to game engines. One of the first things I want to master is importing. I downloaded several free 3D models from TurboSquid as FBX files. Most of the imports fail, even after importing/exporting from Blender first. Are error messages the norm for everyone else, or is that just the case for free 3D models off of TurboSquid? What would be the best way to address these errors?

Some error messages are:
“RC Builder - E: 1> 0:00 One or more importers failed to create data.”
and
“RC Builder - E: 1> 0:00 Tried to construct uv stream attribute for invalid or non-mesh parent data”

Hi, NewerUser-829eb.

“Are error messages the norm for everyone else, or is that just the case for free 3D models off of TurboSquid?” - Most of a free models (not free sometimes too) in a bad condition: data in files, file format, models topology and e.t.c.

“What would be the best way to address these errors” - Every models first you must import in your DCC tool such as Blender, Maya or 3ds Max. Look on model and fix if needed topology, uv, materials id, normals and pivot points. After export from your DCC and try import to Lumberyard. Any Game Engines love good setuping models. For more info look Best Practices for Creating and Exporting Meshes.

Hope this help you :slight_smile: