Whether there is a Cloth Physics can be used directly

Whether there is a Cloth Physics can be used directly

Hi @MibuWolf - we don’t have cloth right now as we are currently in the process of getting our character physics system integrated, so stay tuned for future updates. We don’t have anything right now that will do cloth, however, the legacy CryAnimation system has an implementation if you wish to use the old system. But we will have a new character physics system in a future release. Thanks!

Hi @MibuWolf - sorry our current system is not up and running yet. If you absolutely must have cloth right now, the only way to have that is to use the legacy character system (enable the CryLegacy and CryAnimation GEMs) which has the p-row cloth. This means that you must also use all the associated legacy animation systems, such as Mannequin and Geppetto, and cannot use the new EMotion FX visual state machine Animation Editor.

Hi @Castor Glad to see you again,I plan to use LM to make my own game,I noticed that many legacy systems do not have perfect new system support.And it also did not give a definite time. If I want to develop my game, do I better use the legacy system first?

@Castor Thank you

Hi Castor. You say “in the process of getting our character physics system integrated, so stay tuned for future updates.” New system will be based on PhysX ?

Hey @Anatoliy,

PhysX is the direction that we are moving for our core physics system in Lumberyard, but we are still evaluating the best options for cloth. Apologies that we do not have any other details at this time.