windows 10 - git_bootstrap fails systematically on checksum after download

$ ./git_bootstrap.exe

Now completing your Lumberyard setup.

This downloads essential content not included in the Git repository.
If you’ve made any changes, please back them up before running this.

Press Enter to continue (Ctrl+C to cancel at anytime)…

Downloading files from url https://d3dn1rjl3s1m7l.cloudfront.net/1.12.0.0/lumberyard-1.12-526767a-pc_121317_163037-binaries.zip to C:\dev\Lumberyard_temp\lumberyard-1.12-526767a-pc_121317_163037-binaries.zip

Downloading 7.94 GB @ 3.57 MB/s [==========] 100% complete. ETA 0:00:00.
Finished. Elapsed time 0:33:26.175033

Checking downloaded contents’ checksum.
Failed to finish acquiring needed files: The checksum of the downloaded file does not match the expected checksum.

Please try again or contact Lumberyard support if you continue to experience issues.

Cleaning up temp files

[688] Failed to execute script git_bootstrap

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “git_bootstrap.py”, line 871, in

File “git_bootstrap.py”, line 844, in main

File “shutil.py”, line 252, in rmtree

File “shutil.py”, line 250, in rmtree

WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: ‘C:\dev\Lumberyard\_temp\lumberyard-1.12-526767a-pc_121317_163037-binaries.zip.0085’

Hi @ericfelg – I’m very sorry for this frustrating experience and the delays from our side. I’ve pinged a few of my peers to assist in this process. Meanwhile, let me find some way to get these files to you ASAP! Again, much apologies for this experience.

no one get the same issue? I’m stuck with that, very frustrating…
Any other place to download this content?

If you don’t mind me asking, where abouts is your physical location? We might be encountering a problem with our servers giving you the incorrect files due to identified location :confused:

Hi, thank you for your answer, no worries for the delay, this is Christmas, even if I wanted to use my winter break to evaluate Lumberyard :wink:
anyway, that’s fine, anytime, I’m in San Diego Califonia

Hey @ericfelg,

Happy new year!

Can you tell us the steps you are following to clone the repo? Are you cloning it from our public github repo or is it from a fork that you made? If it’s from a fork, I’d recommend updating the fork to the latest version (or alternatively delete it then recreate the fork)

Thank you!

Hi and Happy New Year!

yes I cloned from my fork. I just git merge upstream/master and I’m up to date so far.

So what should I do next? re-fork really? Thanks for your help!

Hey guys,

FYI following the manual suggesting to fork then clone leads me each time to a checksum issue on the binaries file for some reason.

Cloning directly from your repo works just fine, so I’m all set up now, but may be there is still potential issues in the process of cloning from a fork regarding binaries download…

Noted – thanks for keeps us in the know @ericfelg :smiley: Again, sorry for the troubles with this process –

I am now having this exact same issue on a new PC. I have been running off my fork on 2 other systems, however on my new system I have the identical error. Below is my error

Now completing your Lumberyard setup.
This downloads essential content not included in the Git repository.
If you’ve made any changes, please back them up before running this.
Press Enter to continue (Ctrl+C to cancel at anytime)…

Downloading files from url https://d3dn1rjl3s1m7l.cloudfront.net/1.21.2.0/lumberyard-1.21-989844a-pc_103019_110531-binaries.zip to C:\Lumberyard\1.21_temp\lumberyard-1.21-989844a-pc_103019_110531-binaries.zip
Downloading 9.57 GB @ 2.30 MB/s [==========] 100% complete. ETA 0:00:00.
Finished. Elapsed time 0:13:09.371888
Checking downloaded contents’ checksum.
Failed to finish acquiring needed files: The checksum of the downloaded file does not match the expected checksum. Please try again or contact Lumberyard support if you continue to experience issues.

Cleaning up temp files
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “git_bootstrap.py”, line 871, in
File “git_bootstrap.py”, line 844, in main
File “shutil.py”, line 252, in rmtree
File “shutil.py”, line 250, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: ‘C:\Lumberyard\1.21\_temp\lumberyard-1.21-989844a-pc_103019_110531-binaries.zip.0102’
[6716] Failed to execute script git_bootstrap

I have gone as far as to clean wipe my entire system and also delete my repo and refork. I still get the same results. Any advice would be helpful.